About The Packard Group
The science tells us…
At The Packard Group we are innovation experts led by Dr. Josh Packard. We construct tailored organizational strategies that drive innovation and repeatable success by using a unique, research-driven perspective that taps into fundamental laws of human behavior. Our focus is working with executives and managers who are tasked with driving innovation or creating organizational change.
The basic principles that form the core of our approach are:
- The Dynamics of Discrimination in order to show how to identify and access new and emerging markets.
- The value of Thinking Big, and Acting Small in order to make better use of limited organizational resources.
- How Belonging Precedes Believing…and Acting in order to create organizational commitment among both employees and customers.
- The forces that cause organizations to seek Perseverance Over Innovation in order to show sustainable pathways to constant innovation.
- The ways that Innovation is a Form of Deviance in order to help you identify new sources of ground-breaking ideas.
- The hidden forces of Irrational Rationality that cause companies to take small steps that lead in the wrong direction in order to keep a firm focus on core organizational mission and values.
- The importance of Pluralism and Diversity in order to stay competitive for new talent, ideas and insights.
- That Systems Produce Culture, not the other way around, in order to show ways of fostering an organizational culture that leads to maximum results time and again.
We have experience working with clients in both the for-profit and non-profit sectors on a variety of projects and capacities. If you’re tired of hit and miss strategies and want an approach you can implement in your organization to drive repeatable success for years to come then we’re the right consultants for you.
It’s exciting to recommend The Packard Group. It was obvious the first time I heard Josh speak (at National Speakers Association) on the main podium at our industry annual event that I would LOVE to work with him in dentistry. He has a way of helping people see things from a perspective most do not with a normal myopic view in “our own industry”. He and his team clearly understand the changing audience, customer-client, patient, employee or team. His welcoming demeanor and applied research encourage anyone to “want” to learn more from he and the team. Dentistry will be blessed by the message and content!
Professional Speaker & Published Author, Co-Founder of Dentistry By Choice, LLC
Chief Executive OfficerDr. Josh Packard
Josh Packard is a sociologist, professor and researcher at the University of Northern Colorado. He is the Executive Director of the Social Research Lab and the CEO of The Packard Group. His research has appeared in numerous academic and trade publications. Josh earned his B.A. in English from Texas Lutheran University and his M.A. and Ph.D. in Sociology from Vanderbilt University.
Principal ConsultantChris Packard
Chris Packard, Interim CEO of the National Speakers Association, is a strategic leader with over 20 years on non-profit boards, in management roles, and in corporate and entrepreneurial positions. He also currently serves as an adjunct instructor at the University of Texas Dallas School of Economic, Political and Policy Sciences and as an instructor at the University of Texas Institute for Excellence in Corporate Governance.
Content Architect and Client RelationsMegan Bissell
Megan is a sociologist, writer and trained facilitator for workshops and executive breakouts. Along with developing content and presenting with The Packard Group, she is the lead researcher at the Social Research Lab at the University of Northern Colorado. Her experience working with a myriad of industries enables true customization for businesses looking to be more innovative.
Connector In ChiefMegan Packard
Megan is the communications coordinator and a data analyst for The Packard Group in addition to being the Program Director for a local non-profit in Greeley, CO. She received her B.A from Texas Lutheran University and her M.A. from the University of Georgia.